Tuesday 6 March 2012

Photoshoot

We had our photoshoot for our magazine cover and our film poster on 24th January 2012. We took our photos using a Canon EOS 450D and used myself, Mollie and Josh as models.

First of all we took the photos of Josh by himself. We positioned him in a way which is frequently used for film magazine covers; he faced the camera and made eye contact with the lens for most of the shots and we used a medium shot. He wore a suit which was meant to look similar to The Beatles' clothing to make the theme of our film clear.


Next we took the photos for my magazine cover using medium shots, medium close-ups and long shots. As my magazine is aimed at females, I used me and Mollie on the cover and I made sure me and Mollie made eye contact with the lens to engage the reader. The actual article in the magazine would focus on the film and the gossip behind the scenes and the magazine cover conveys that me and Mollie are actually friends in reality and not opposing each other like we do in the film. This is reflected through the photos; me and Mollie took photos that conveyed our friendship through our use of posture and body language. Our clothes convey the characters' personality again; Mollie wears red because her character is seen as bad and a threat and I wore white because my character is seen as innocent.



For our final images we took photos of me, Mollie and Josh using medium long shots, close-ups and long shots. These images were inspired by the Bridget Jones film posters which is a well known romantic comedy. 


We chose this film poster as our inspiration because in the film the female protagonist has two romantic interests, similarly to Paul in our film. We experimented with a few different types of shots so that we had plenty to choose from in case we had issues with facial expressions, posture and lighting or if we decided we wanted to use different shots. Once again, we all made eye contact with the camera to captivate the audience as well as clearly conveying the genre of our film through our positioning and our costume. 



No comments:

Post a Comment