Wednesday 7 March 2012

Magazine cover planning

My magazine's target audience will be females who love films which is unusual because there are no British film magazines specifically aimed at women. I am naming my magazine "Take One" because this is a quote used when creating films and therefore it is relevant. There are also no other film magazines with this name. It's going to focus on films that are aimed at females and films that are aimed at both genders but the films will be written about what aspects of films women are interested in. As women tend to like the gossip, my magazine will cover the film and the actual actors'/actresses' behind-the-scenes gossip from the film set. My film
The masthead of the magazine will be pink as I do not want it to match with the background colors too much and also pink is a color which is associated with femininity and romance which is the theme of the film cover. As we will be doing our photoshoot in a professional photography studio our background of our photos will be neutral and therefore this will allow me to use the magnetic lasso tool and quick selection tools on Photoshop with no difficulties. I will then put the photo over a plain colored background with a gradient of two different shades of silvers this is a color which appeals to females and my magazine is aimed at females. All the other text will be a variety of different colours with a slight shadow underneath to make the text stand out against the background. I am using myself and Mollie (Lucy and Stella) on the front cover of the magazine as by using females on my cover it conveys that my magazine is aimed at females. I am going to use a medium shot as this is a typical convention of film magazines. I will wear white like my character does in the film and Mollie will wear red like her character. As me and Mollie are friends in reality, the film cover will change the reader's typical idea of the actresses' relationship as in the film we would not like each other due to Paul. Me and Mollie's relationship will look more positive with happy body language. As our film is released in January 2012, the magazine will be released in January too. The magazine will be released on the 4th January 2012 and the magazine cover will feature our film and other films that are released in February 2012 such as The Woman In Black, Wanderlust, Big Miracle and The Vow which are all female-friendly and 2 of them are romantic comedies. They will be shown in smaller headings in colors that suit their genre. The Woman In Black would be in black (play on the name of the film) and red as it's a thrillar/drama/horror,  Wanderlust, Big Miracle and The Vow will be in pink as they are lighthearted films. I will also feature typical magazine conventions such as the date, the price (£3.95 as this is in the same price range as Empire and Total Film magazines), the barcode and the magazine's website. The institution which owns the magazine will be Bauer (the institution that owns the film magazine, Empire, as well as many magazines aimed at females such as Heat, Closer and Grazia).

No comments:

Post a Comment