Wednesday 5 October 2011

Coursework for this year

This information was taken from a hand-out we were given by our tutor:

Task 1: Research Blog
The blog must be used to provide an analytical account of how I plan to complete all of the requirements of this coursework. The blog should detail the marketing of at least three films, devoting entries to:
  • the analysis of trailers (how and why they work, shots used, how the narrative is compressed, what is shown/not shown, how it is edited to appeal to a market audience etc.)
  • analysis of any print-based marketing material (how do you capture the tone and content of a film with a single image? what style is used? how are elements such as colour and text used to support and communicate with the tone of the film?)
  • synergy with other companies/products (is there any merchandise connected with the film? Does the film work with other companies in promotion?)
  • Analysis of the skills you are developing through your research
I must make sure that my blog includes a range of media such as videos, photos, audio files and links to other useful articles.

Task 2: Electronic Press Kit
I need to create an electronic press kit for a film that I have devised containing the following:
  • poster (PDF or JPEG)
  • press release and synopsis
  • trailer
  • marketing images for use in magazines including a mock magazine cover
I also have to update my blog with any planning and preparation I complete:
  • scripts
  • storyboards
  • requirements
  • schedules
  • test footage with an explanation and commentary
  • rough footage with an explanation and commentary
  • outtakes with an explanation and commentary
  • potential music
  • potential sound effects
  • examples of influential works and how they helped me form my ideas
  • sketches and designs for my poster
  • magazine cover ideas

Task 3: Evaluation
I must update my blog with an evaluation of each aspect of this assignment ensuring that I discuss:
  • how useful my research was in finding out how film marketing works and the creation of my own electronic press kit
  • the strengths of my electronic press kit and any areas that need developing whilst comparing them to professional works
  • summarise the skills I have learned in the completion of this assignment
I must include audience feedback and how I respond to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment