Tuesday 20 September 2011

Film trailer, poster & film magazine front cover

For my A2 media coursework I have to create a film trailer, a film poster and a front cover for a film magazine.
For the film trailer we will first need to decide on the genre, the synopsis, the title and the target audience of the film. Then I will focus on pre-production like I did for my AS film coursework coming up with plans such as a risk assessment sheet, a call sheet, a storyboard, a location report, a shot list, a shooting schedule, a script, a statement of intent, a proposal and an evaluation.We will film it with cameras such as the Canon XLH1 then edit it using video editing software such as Final Cut Pro. Last year I did not have much experience in using cameras so this year I will focus on that to develop my skills and I am going to learn about more of the features on Final Cut Pro to achieve the best result with my trailer.

For the poster I will use Photoshop CS5 as I am familiar with this and I think it is the most suitable software for this task. I used Photoshop frequently at GCSE so I have experienced using it before and I will be able to use my current knowledge when creating my poster. Last year, my media class did a brief project where we had to do the pre-production for a film idea we came up with in small groups and I was in charge of creating the poster and I used the same program I will be using for my coursework this year so I can use this experience to create a great poster. The poster will have to fit in with the genre, synopsis and target audience of my film trailer. I will have to consider the typography, images, colours and layout so it appeals to the film's target audience. I will take photos for my poster with a camera that produces high quality photos to achieve the best result and edit them on Photoshop CS5 so they are aesthetically pleasing.

My final piece of coursework will be to design a film magazine cover. I designed a magazine cover for my GCSE coursework using Photoshop so I already have experience from this but I have developed my Photoshop skills more since then so I will be able to create a more professional result. At GCSE, I learned how to use tools such as blur, smudge, transform (to resize images or rotate them) and lasso (especially the magnetic lasso tool because I found this the most convenient). I am planning to use these as well as learning how to use new tools from my tutors. For my A2 level magazine cover, I will be more experimental with Photoshop and I will try and make it look more like a real magazine. I will take my own photos for my magazine cover using a camera that produces high quality images and edit them on Photoshop then add other typical magazine conventions such as a masthead and text. Like my film poster, I will have to consider the typography, images, colours and layout so it appeals to the film's target audience. I learned at GCSE that having a person on the front cover makes it more likely for someone to buy a magazine, especially if the person is making eye contact with the camera because it catches the reader's attention, so I will definitely consider this when taking my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment